Do you love the joy you bring people by feeding them fabulous food?
But, are you starting to hate your food business and what it’s doing to your life?
It’s dawned on you that you could be making more money flipping burgers. And you feel like you’ve got nobody to support you in growing your business. The cat isn’t cutting it (hell they technically aren’t even allowed in your kitchen) and the family want their kitchen back.
You spend most of your day either in your day job or wrangling your children (or both!). You have so much to get done and you don’t know where to start.
You imagined you would be creating delicious food, sharing experiences with your customers and the money would be coming in. But things have stalled.
Instead you are spending your evenings tied to the kitchen table cooking and packaging food that is making you peanuts. The competition is fierce and you are struggling to convince people to pay a premium for your top notch product. But you are sure if you could find the right customers they would love your food, if only you could find them.
You are keen to turn things around but you need some help. There’s so much information out there it’s overwhelming. And most business advice just doesn’t get the food industry.
But you know with the RIGHT help and support you could really make a go of your business. You’re so close.
Let’s turn that glimmer into the light at the end of the tunnel
Just imagine a life where you get to:
- Take holidays without worrying what is happening with the business because you have the systems and support in place back home that you can rely on.
- Spend evenings and weekends hanging out with family and friends sipping a cocktail or going for a hike; taking a yoga class and having some fun because you are running your food business full time and not just as a side gig. Hello Life!
- Connect with people who are buying your food. You get to see that joy you are creating with your food; the whole reason you started in the first place and it feels fantastic.
- Have the time and energy to be creative in your business: create that cookbook, share your knowledge about healthy eating or devise the next cronut.
Let’s make your big dreams a reality
And secretly you want even more than this. You want to go global selling your sauces or having that chain of bakeries that everyone is talking about. You want to be known for making a fantastic product that it is so worth paying the premium for. You want to share your love for great food and wonderful dining experiences.
All of this is possible! I’m here to show you how.
Let me help you take your business to the next level.
I am Caroline and I love food businesses and more importantly the food they create! My food career got off to a flying start when I joined the Royal Australia Air Force and became a catering officer. While I was on the management side, my absolute favourite part of the day was spending time with the chefs seeing them develop and create delicious meals that bought a smile to the people they were feeding.
I then went on to work as an accountant for the government and some of the biggest accounting firms in the world, where I honed my business skills. I learnt to love numbers nearly as much as food.
But my love of food kept lurking at the back of my mind. I took the plunge a couple of years ago and started a food blog but really my strengths are in eating (not creating) great food and helping others create businesses that make that great food, using the accounting and business skills I have picked up in my years in accounting.
I am completely selfish in wanting you to grow a fabulous food business – I want to be able to buy and eat your fabulous food. And to do that we need to make sure your business blossoms and creates the lifestyle you desire.
How I can help you:
I specialize in helping foodie entrepreneurs like you to scale up and grow, so that you’re able to enjoy running your business and live the kind of life you dream of.
As part of this I have created the Food Incubator to help you take your business out of the freezer and into people’s stomachs.
What is the Food Incubator?
The Food Incubator is a coaching club for foodie entrepreneurs.
I understand what it’s like to run a food business and how hard it can be. And yet, there has been no specific support to help you. Until now and the Food Incubator.
Think of the Food Incubator as a membership club for foodie entrepreneurs – with expert support and training, accountability to help you reach your goals and a supportive community of likeminded people to keep you on track.
How does it work?
Each month we will explore one topic to help you build your food business through focused and actionable steps. And all in the company of a supportive community of food businesses helping each other to grow and flourish. But what does this actually look like?
- A monthly training topic – a focused look at one area to help you grow your business. Depending on the topic there will be videos, worksheets, guest interviews, podcasts and checklists. Once the month is over you will continue to have access to the resources in the resource library.
- A monthly group call with me Caroline, on the month’s training topic where you can ask questions and share your successes.
- Each month you will set your goals for that month and the actions you are going to take to achieve those goals.
- Access to a supportive community of fellow foodie entrepreneurs owners in a private Facebook group. Not only will I be in the group answering questions but other members who have already struck the problem or had the question you have will be there to share their experiences with you. And as you achieve your goals we will celebrate with you in the Facebook group.
Topics we will cover include:
- Productivity and time management including outsourcing and hiring staff.
- Marketing including positioning and differentiation yourself, understanding your market, advertising and attracting the right customer.
- Branding – including how to tell your story.
- Selling online – the techy aspects
- Managing the customer experience.
- Deciding where to sell – what are your options and how to approach retailers.
- The logistics of your food business including packaging, shipping and where to cook.
- Developing a business plan and setting goals.
- Financial management including pricing, budgeting and planning to replace your income
- Raising funds including crowdfunding.
It’s crunch time!
It’s time to start thinking of your business like a business. Not a passion or hobby. Otherwise you are going to end up just spending more time at your kitchen table making and packaging. All while your family look on, glaring at you for taking over their home with your hobby, while they eat dodgy food from the local takeaway because there is nowhere for them to cook their meals.
That to do list is just going to keep on growing and the feeling of being overwhelmed is not going away any time soon
Even worse you are going to lose your passion for making great food and bringing that happiness to others with your food. And that is one of the last things I want to happen.
What is the Investment:
The cost is $30 a month. That’s just $1 a day.
I am not going to suggest that you give up that cup of coffee you buy each day to pay for this. If you are like me, it is not worth attempting to build your business without that cup of coffee to get you firing in the morning!
Payment is via automated recurring payment and you can cancel at any time.
Places are limited:
To enable me to support everyone personally, places for the Food Incubator are limited.
For everyone who signs up for the Food Incubator once open (not the wait list), you’ll get a free 20 min coaching session with me worth $55.
Lets Get Started
I can’t wait to see (and taste) the beautiful food business you can build with support and training from me and the community. Join now and see that glimmer of success turn into something much brighter.
Is the Food Incubator for you?
The Food Incubator is for you if:
- You have a food business that you have started but are struggling to take to the next level. It isn’t delivering the income or lifestyle that you want it to.
- At least part of your food business involves selling a food product which could be a sauce, cakes, running a café or a food truck. Your business may have other elements as well like a food blog or health coaching but there must be a food product element.
- You need to bop that overwhelm on the head, set realistic goals and have the support to achieve them.
- You can set aside a minimum of half an hour each week to either do some learning, set some goals, take action or participate in the community.
- You have a number of things you are trying to sort out in your business. If you just have one specific problem then one on one coaching may be a better way to go.
You’re probably not ready for this if:
- You haven’t yet started your food business. If this is you, sign up for my email list. I am working on a product just for you and will let you know when it is available. In the meantime you can get free tips and hints through my blog.
- You don’t have the time to work on this. The program is intended to be done in bite sized pieces but you still have to find time to take those bites!
- The group is only open to women. You may have a business partner who is male but the community itself is limited to women.
- You think Facebook is evil. The community will be hanging out in a private Facebook group and you will need a Facebook account to take part. Don’t worry, it is private group and your friends won’t see what you are doing in the group.
How much does this program cost?
Membership is $30 a month.
Can I cancel or am I signed up for a minimum period.
I am sure the program is going to help you build the business of your dreams. But if you don’t love it, you can cancel at any time, no questions asked.
Will I have continued access to the training material if I don’t get to it in the relevant month?
You will have access to all the training material as long as you continue to be a member.
I don’t live in the US or UK. Will the group call take place at a time when I am actually awake?
Group calls will be held on a weekend. Two calls will be held each month, I want all community members to be able attend at least one call between the hours of 8am and 8pm on the weekend no matter where they live
I would love to meet other businesses face to face. Do you hold face to face events?
Not at this stage but if you would like to arrange a local group, then I will be more than happy to support you in setting it up by connecting you to members in your area.
Got a Question?
If you have any questions about the Food Incubator, drop me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. I only want you to sign up if this is the right program for you.